“If we surrendered
to earth’s intelligence
we could rise up rooted, like trees.”
–Rainer Maria Rilke
Art illuminates our lives every day.
Think about what makes you feel beautiful inside… what brings you happiness, so you can express it physically in your home and life – all those things involve art.
We do this all the time – furniture, fabric, tile work, glass – it all comes from an artisan with a different craft.
For me, nature is what I’m drawn to. The epic and the everyday. It is amazing.
I want people to see our natural world and value it. People have lost the connection that our ancestors had with the earth and the universe and we need it back.
Everything is connected. Everything is energy. Nature heals us because we ARE nature.
The importance of the female tribe – you’ve been feeling it too, right?
During this rising, this continued awakening, it is crucial that we lift each other up. That we blast each other with love.
Tell your closest women how amazing they are and what you love about them.
Tell her how you see her.
And then remember that your closest women see all that glowing energy in YOU, too, so that you remember to love yourSELF as much as they do <3
1. Go for a walk (without music). Make a point to listen to just the sounds that the earth is making. The breeze blowing through the leaves and grass, the birds, the water if you’re near it.
2. Meditate. This doesn’t have to be difficult or even lengthy. Just silence everything for a minute. Listen to your soul. Your intuition. That is your Self speaking. She knows all the things. Trust her.
3. Touch the earth. Go outside barefoot and walk in the grass. Sink your toes-ies into the sand. Make a mud pie with your kids. Sit your ass in the creek. Really FEEL it.
4. Invite nature in. This can look many ways. Houseplants if you can keep them alive (I’m working on this), are aesthetically pleasing as well as cleansing to your air. An indoor water fountain. A beautiful piece of nature art. See what I did there? 😉
5. Plant a garden. It can be flowers, herbs, or a full on crop of vegetables if you have the time and patience. Flowers support our bee population (aka life) and bring so much beauty and joy to your space. If you go the veggie route, growing something from start to finish is incredibly satisfying, and it tastes so much better.
6. Get into it. Go kayaking. Go snowshoeing. Skiing. Hang gliding. The level of casual or extreme is up to you. But give yourself a perspective that you wouldn’t see otherwise, and be present in that moment.
7. Look up. The stars are incredible. Our universe is vast, and we can only see a tiny fraction of what it holds. If you can’t see them, make a plan to get somewhere you can for a weekend. You won’t regret it.
8. Pay attention to the details. The veins on the leaves. The subtle color changes in a flower petal. The beautiful textures and variations of the tree bark. The perfect spiral in a sea shell.
9. Start a fire. Safely, of course. Build a firepit in your backyard. Have a fire on the beach. Go camping and cook your food over the flames. There are few things as wonderful as listening to the crackling of a fire, watching the flames and feeling the warmth on your face. Mmmmhmmm.
10. Take it off. And by this, I mean skinny dip. At least topless. Bonus pleasure points if there’s a nice warm breeze. Throw both hands in the air and revel in your Goddess-ness.
Do YOU have any ideas to add to this list? Tell me about them in the comments! I would LOVE to hear from you.
Wanna go deeper? Check out Permission Granted : How to Create the Life You Want to Live. You can download the entire eBook for free below!
It’s time to let all the weight from the past go.
It’s all now simply the story that got you to where you are right now.
Don’t let it hold you back. Allow it strengthen your acceleration forward.
Go into this next phase with vigorous energy, creative power and a closer relationship and connection with yourself.
Set your intentions.
What do you want out of life? I mean REALLY want?
FEEL what it feels like to have already accomplished it and received it.
What you give thought to has intense power. Especially on the new moon.
Focus your thoughts and energy on what you want to see manifested in your life.
Do NOT waste time and energy thinking about shit that you don’t want to happen, that you’re worried about, that you’re scared might happen, etc.
Do NOT give attention and power to what you don’t want.
You can look around you and think about everything you are grateful for.
Or you can look around and find all the things that you could complain about, or that could be better.
Whichever you choose, the universe will respond by sending you more of that.
So use your incredibly powerful thoughts accordingly.
If you subscribe, you got my note on Monday about taking advantage of this week to channel your energy for 2017. Today is the New Moon, and also the most powerful time to set your intentions for the new year ahead.
This past year was very much about forgiveness for me, though it took me awhile to realize it. It wasn’t until around winter solstice (a time of forgiveness) that I understood the shift that was needed.
I think, as souls, we plan our lives ahead of time in the context of the things we want to learn in order to grow and expand. Having free will and choice, we go through as many different struggles as it takes for us to learn the lesson and move forward.
Those struggles show up in many ways, in the form of circumstances and people that come into our lives.
I’m not going to lie, I’ve hung onto emotional wounds that were inflicted as far back as childhood.
WTF good has that done? Not letting go can waste endless hours of mental energy that could be put towards growth and expansion instead.
When people hurt you, or when super shitty shit happens, try to remember that your Self put that in motion before you came here.
It is your job to figure out the lesson that you’re supposed to learn.
Once you acknowledge and accept the lesson, you can level up and move forward.
Forgiveness, in my case, is something that was somewhat undefined and much easier said than done.
When you detach personally from the ‘bad thing’ and are able to view it as just a super shitty class in the curriculum of life that you planned for yourself before coming here, it’s a game-changer for your mental well-being. At least it was for me 🙂
Once you can get to that point, you can get to a place of gratitude – for the lesson and for the growth and expansion you’ve experienced.
After the Solstice comes the New Moon (today!) and as I said above, the most powerful time for setting intentions for your life.
I want to know :
What is YOUR plan for 2017?
What are you DOING to get closer to your goals and to make your dreams reality?
What are you doing to deepen your CONNECTION to nature and your higher self?
I’m over the moon about 2017 and how amazing it’s going to be. I can’t wait to hear what YOUR intentions are for 2017.
Share in the comments! Your intentions inspire others’ intentions! <3
And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and never miss a post
There is enough joy and success to go around.
When you are basking in your own, you are not taking away from anyone else.
You are contributing to the overall amount of joy in the world.
And we need that.
Don’t feel guilty for your joy, or for your abundance.
Don’t feel envious of someone else’s.
Share yours, and open yourself to receiving as well.
The universe has an unlimited supply.